Friday, December 31, 2010

When Harry Met Molly by Kieran Kramer

When Harry Met Molly (Impossible Bachelors, #1)When Harry Met Molly, they both hated each other. They soon become friends, and from friends, into lovers. It was truly a sweet and wonderful read, seeing as to how the two experience emotions for one another. Which is why Kieran Kramer has officially established a spot on my Top Debut Authors of the Year, riiight next Sarah Maclean! I absolutely adore Harry because I love seeing rakes like him, reform themselves. As for Molly, she was just an awesome heroine. I love how she is so witty, brave, funny, and kind-- perfectly compatible with Harry. This is definitely one book that I'll treasure on my shelf forever.

I saved this book to read last, after the three that I bought for Christmas, and I'm really glad that I did! It was the best one out of the three because it had a combination of comedy, romance, steam, and even heartbreaking moments. If you love Julia Quinn, then I say you should seriously consider this book! There's not much I could say that would express my feelings about this book because I'm just overwhelmed with feelings. The story starts off with a prologue that introduces the moment when everything just went wrong for Harry and Molly. Because of what she did, it eventually caused Harry to join the army and she, to go to a boarding school in Yorkshire instead of London. After that, Harry and Molly have been enemies for years; pulling silly pranks and bantering with one another at every chance they meet. How cute is that! The story truly begins when The Prince Regent decides to hold a competition for the Impossible Bachelors, which includes Harry, Lord Maxwell, Captain Arrow, Lumley, and Sir Richard. The bachelor with the 'Most Delectable Companion' will win a year free of hassles from debutantes and the likes.

Well, I'll just say that the romance was the most enjoyable aspect of the whole book! Molly reluctantly becomes Harry's mistress for a week after being abandoned by her... supposed fiance. It was a very amusing moment but enjoyable nonetheless. After that week, nothing will ever be the same between then again. I'm always a shoe-in for romances that has childhood enemies into lovers! But yeah, during that one week of being false lovers, Molly soon realizes that Harry is her one true love forever. Heartbreaking moments everywhere after that confession to herself, and mind you, the romance was very well played out. I think Kramer definitely has a talent for writing because of that. Plus, it was very sexy and sweet! Juuust like chocolate and cake, heh. Cake... ;D

To conclude, When Harry Met Molly is a book that will make you laugh at one moment, and cry the next. Truly, this was a delectable debut that will have romance readers eat it right up! I'll be looking forward to the other Impossible Bachelors' books, especially Lumley! He is so cute and adorable. A solid 5 stars for this amazing debut by Kieran Kramer!!

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment