Friday, December 24, 2010

Lust by Charlotte Featherstone

Lust (The Sins and The Virtues, #1) I truly have mixed feelings about this book. While reading it, I couldn't help but think that some of the things that Chastity was "enacting" with Thane... was wrong. Apparently, I let my morals get the best of me. Which is why I wasn't able to finish this book as fast as I thought I would have. But even with some issues concerning Chastity, the foreplay and the sexual tension between the two was hot-- as always from the one and only, Charlotte Featherstone. You have to admit that the description of the book and series itself is quite fascinating. Two faery courts, the Seelie and Unseelie. But in reality, which court is good and which court is the bad one? You'll just have to read it to find out! I'm truly looking forward to Mercy's story with Kian because with kindness, there is always jealousy lurking around the corner...

We all know that in most faery books, the Dark Fey is the bad guy right? But in this book, it actually questions the goodness inside of the Seelie. Even though they are described as pure beings basked in light and good, Lust explores the two courts, but sets the stage for the Unseelie instead. It's quite ironic, really, because the Unseelie is known for it's dark pleasures but readers will soon find themself questioning whether the Seelie is truly the bad guy and the Unseelie, the good. Anyway, even though the heroine urked me a little, I soon came to an understanding that it wasn't exactly easy for her to be the first one to stray. She had absolutely no one to talk to about the situations happening to her and Thane is just a very good seducer, lol! She did try desperately to make him go away but in the end, he always win... Yeah, a lot of head desking right there.

Now, we shall talking about the sexual tension between Thane and Chastity and the foreplay that goes along with it! Whoo, was it hot and steamy! A big applause for the author because she always seems to amaze me with her works. I loved Addicted so I often compared that with Lust but there really was no comparison at all. They were both unique in their own way; Addicted had more drama while Lust had more angst and sexual tension, haha. I also had many unanswered questions while reading this book... but that's understandable because this is afterall, the first book of the series. For example, who is Mary anyway? Where is the real virtue? I sure hope these questions will be answered as the series progresses. But I did question Chastity's love for Thane... To me, it happened too fast. There wasn't a lot of romantic development between the two, and it was more like a lot of groping and touching. *face palm* BUT, I did love, love, love this quote between them because I thought it was very emotional:
"Why?" She asked in a confused whisper. "Out of all the women in the world, why did you choose this mortal?"
"Because fate drove me to you."
So for my final thoughts, I would have to say I did like this book. The writing, the characters, and the plot itself was amazing and very sensual. I'm truly looking forward to read more of Charlotte Featherstone's books so overall, I'll give this book a 4 ½ stars! I definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves paranormal, erotica, and historical romance. Even to those who just love to read books about faeries! Thank you to NetGalley for providing me this wonderful book.

P.S. Aw, crap. Prudence, watch out for Mary and Crom!!! I sure hope her Dark Prince will come and save her. ;)

Rating: ★★★★☆
Date of release: February 1st, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment