Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

There are absolutely no words after finishing this beautiful, beautiful book called The Iron Queen. I loved every single moment of it and I am happy to say that Julie Kagawa has done it again! It was full of action, romance, slight humor, and a questionable ending that will lead us straight to the next sequel, The Iron Knight-- which by the way, I simply can't wait to read!

I can honestly say that this was my favorite book out of the entire series so far. There was far more action than in any of the previous books because of the war that is taking place in the NeverNever. The main villain is twice as tougher than ever, and the false king is someone who you would never even possibly imagine to be! And, as in any other previous reviews of this series, I will say once more that all of my favorite characters are back in this book, along with new ones from the Iron Kingdom as well: Glitch and Razor. But obviously, the one who I looked forward to seeing and hearing about the most, was no other but Ash. My heart cried out for him in the end and I'm just so delighted that he finally got his chance to shine and be with the girl that he loves once more.

Speaking of love, the romance in this book was off the charts! It was beautiful in every single way-- even if Ash and Meaghan had a couple of fights here and there that made me squirm. I admit, Ash did have some jealousy issues but Meaghan was the one who caused most of them... and the words that came out of her mouth sometimes made me want to grab and shake her. BUT, everything worked out in the end and I'm sure that these two will finally get their happily ever after soon. Puck did get a little angsty in this book, which I don't blame him for because Meaghan did use him in The Iron Daughter and broke his heart in the process, and he did get over it though.

Last but not least, the ending and the battle that came with it... Holy cow! It was so intense and just, heart-breakingly sad that I cried my eyes out for Meaghan and Ash. I mean heck, I did have a suspicion that something was going to go wrong, but not like this. Which is why I'm dying to read The Iron Knight and I'm also praying for the two of them to be together again. Overall, another great book by this amazing author, and another five-stars by her once again!! I'm definitely buying my own copy to support her when this releases. ;)

Rating: ★★★★★
Date of release: February 1st 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment