Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy Ever After by Nora Roberts

I do believe that this book is my second favorite of the Bride Quartet series. First will always be Vision in White because I love Carter and Bob. Oh god, BOB. Anyway, it got so bad that I started having DREAMS about this book... it was just a continuation of the story. And I'm not going to lie, you have to give props to Nora Roberts for making it this good. Mostly one of the reason why I liked it so much was because of Mal and Parker's relationship. From the very beginning ever since Mal was introduced, there was this spark between them that Parker refuses to acknowledge. Throughout the entire book, she eventually struggles with it and later falls in love with him.

To be honest, I'm rather sad that I won't be able to read about these four wonderful ladies and their men anymore but hey, it's life and we move on. Just like how they all eventually will move on later in life with the one that they love. In the last installment of the series, readers actually get a glimpse of Mac and Carter's wedding and it was rather sweet. I just wish that we would be able to read about Emma and Jack's wedding, Laurel and Del's wedding, and lastly Parker and Mal's wedding. Maybe Nora will make a book that features their wedding later on! Who knows, but I can always wish it.

I admit that this book made my heart hurt a little because of Mal's past and his refusal to let Parker in at first. But it all worked out in the end and boy, were the love scenes hot! To me, it's hot but possibly to others, it's actually mellow. Anyway, I'd like to say that Nora Roberts has done it again and she has officially made me a fan. Loved the last book and I can't wait for more of her releases. A big 5++ stars for this amazing book!

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment