Thursday, December 16, 2010

Vision In White by Nora Roberts

Let me just point out that Vision in White, the first book of the Bride Quartet series, has the power to melt you heart because of how sweet the hero can be. Carter has officially became one of my favorite GERD (geek and nerd all in one) heroes of all time. I absolutely love him and his character development throughout the entire story. The romance between Mackensie and Carter was just... heartachingly beautiful. Throughout the entire book, I've looked forward to every single one of their dates and meetings. For being my first Nora Roberts book, I'm really looking forward to her other books as well. ;)

CARTER, oh Carter. You are adorable for one. It's so bad that there were moments where I want to pinch your cheeks and you're older than me! He is the perfect husband material and I'm not going to lie, I have a soft spot for smart, clumsy, and patient fellows like him. Everything that he does for Mackensie is so sweet that I fell in love with his character more and more. What's not to love, huh? No wonder Mac had such a hard time trying to keep their relationship "simple," aha! It took awhile for her to realize her love for him... it was rather slow, but it was all worth it in the end. Carter's patience really did benefit him in the end, ya know. Anyway, I really did love the high school crush thing developing into true love. It's quite typical but really? It never gets old-- especially when the gal never notices the guy when they were teenagers, but when they meet again as adults, she falls pretty hard for him while his love for her has always been there. But yeah, the ending was perfection and let me forewarn you, it will cause you to feel all bubbly and warm. JUST SAYING!

And now, let's talk about Mackensie! I went for her and Carter all the way because I love how she is with him. They're perfect for one another, even though Parker once said in the beginning that they were complete opposites. Although there's one thing that I find frustrating most of all about her, and that is her relationship with her mother, Linda. I didn't like how her mother had the power to control Mac's life and influence her relationship with Carter. It really wasn't fair and Mac just let it happen! What?! *Shrugs* Seriously, her mother was a whiny, selfish bitch but either way, she got what she deserved in the end, sorta. Mac finally toughened up and kicked some major butt! LOL.

I have a lot of favorite quotes in the book and let's just say they include Carter's moments with Mackensie AND BOB. OH GOD, BOB. He's like the best fail friend you meet at work, who gives you dating advice while Carter just face palms. It's so ridiculously funny that I love it! An example of such would be:
"If it winds up earlier, you should have a movie picked out. This is assuming she isn’t sending you the ‘let’s go back to my place’ signals. In that case—”
“Don’t go there, Bob. Let’s just not go there."
Overall, I think I'm in love with this book and I'm definitely looking forward to reading the rest of the books in the series. Giving a five-stars for this lovely book full of laughter, smiles, and most of all? An all consuming love that slowly grows and develops into a beautiful picture. :D

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment