Thursday, December 16, 2010

Unveiled by Courtney Milan

I have to say, Courney Milan did an excellent job making the perfect hero in her newest installment, Unveiled! Everything I thought Ash would become as a character, was entirely different as to how he truly became later in the book. He was sweet, loveable, protective, and very endearing-- even if some of the things that he did made me want to smack him for hurting Margaret. And Margaret, oh she was a strong heroine all right. From the very beginning, she was smart, full of wit and a backbone; which I absolutely adore about her! The story began with the two as enemies but slowly and surely, they both begin to fall in love with one another.

As for the secret, I felt as if the "lie" would eventually lead to many heartbreaks along the way. But... Ash proved me wrong, again. He actually embraced it and didn't blame her?! Which I thought was very sweet and touching. See how different he is from other males during that era? Instead, he blamed Margaret's brothers because they were the ones who left her alone and unprotected! And, I couldn't possibly agree with more. As for others characters in the book, I also really liked Ash's younger brother Mark. He was so awkwardly innocent and very wicked at the same time. Just read the book and find out why. ;)

Now, let's talk about the romance! It was rather very cute and very sexy at the same time. I can honestly say that Ash is an Alpha/Beta male who could be very sweet to his lady love one moment, and yet very possesive the next. I loved the forbbiden romance feeling that these two characters have for one another because of that fact that they can never be together... or can they? Even though Ash didn't realize she was supposedly a daughter of his enemy until halfway through the book, my heart broke for Margaret because she was stuck in a situation that she didn't want to be in. She never meant to fall in love with him, but it was just too great to stop. In the end, there would be only two choices that she could make: Her family or her love for Ash?

Overall, I loved the ending for this book because it was very heart-warming... and sweet! The characters were great, the romance was lovely, and I even forgave Margaret's brother (well one of them anyway) in the end. This was truly another great book by Courney Milan ever since Proof By Seduction. I will definitely be buying my own copy once this is published!

Rating: ★★★★★
Date of release: January 25th 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment