Friday, December 17, 2010

The Heir by Grace Burrowes

The Heir (Duke's Obsession, #1)(Windham, #1) I can honestly say that my heart broke for Anna and Gayle. Their moments together were not only special, but it also signfies that they are perfect and complete for one another. Regardless of their social status and mistrust, in the end, everything will eventually work out. Miss Grace Burrowes, I am officially you're new fan. I can't wait to read The Soldier, the second installment to this series when it comes out next!

First off, I'd like to point out how oddly this story reminds me of Unveiled by Courtney Milan. No, I'm not saying that it's the same, but the concept is very similar and I loved Unveiled so it's quite obvious why this book picked up my interest. "Mrs. Anna Seaton" is not who she says she is and to be frankly honest, I did find the secret through the entire book interesting. It kept me thinking and deciphering out who Anna truly is. Anna herself, is a strong character full of wit, and it was quite amusing seeing as to how she interacted with Gayle! And oh Gayle... God, I love how he has a sugar tooth. I have to admit, he's one of the reason why you just have to adore the hero and have your heart break the next. I wanted to SLAP him in the end. The other reason is because of Anna and well, their love story was really sweet. It took him awhile to realize that he loves her even though she kept insisting that she must leave him due to the "burden" that she carries. This quote really signifies how heartbreaking it is for her, and also for him, when he realizes that he never wants to let her go.

"Even when I cried,” she said, a world of resignation in her tone, “I was glad to be here with you, Westhaven. Believe that, if you believe nothing else of me.”
What she had meant was: Even when I cried because I must leave you, I was glad to be here with you… Believe that if you believe nothing else of me when I find the courage to finally go."


As much as this book is a regency and historical romance novel, the love scenes... whoo! Wow, I would have to say their passion for one another almost set the sheets on fire. It was almost erotic, let me tell you that and I really did enjoy it. Gayle was generous and I loved how his main goal was to pleasure her and only her. That isn't something any man in his time would do for their lover. Anyway, other characters were introduced in this book; for example Valentine and Devlin! Devlin's book will be out next so I'll definitely look forward to that. He has a sort of devilish characteristic, while Valentine seems much more soft-spoken and sweet... which is no wonder because he is a musician and paired with Morgan?! In all, I really did enjoy this book because of the wonderful and heart-felting romance between the hero and heroine. It was very charming along with the mysterious aspect of it as well. Thumbs for for The Heir and another five stars from me!

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment