Thursday, December 16, 2010

Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas

If you must know, there were quite a few people that I wanted to strangle while reading this book. Two of these people were Nick, Haven's ex husband, and Vanessa, Haven's boss. God, these two people made me so mad because they kept of abusing Haven in every single way. But nonetheless, they both got the ending that they deserved and I am happy for that! It definitely took me awhile to finally read Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas, and I'm really glad that I did. Even if I did read the series out of order... heh. I must agree with other reviewers that this book seems to be more of a chick-lit then a contemporary romance, buuut, it's all good. Although I didn't exactly find the first person POV comforting at all, sadly. I think the book would have been better if it was either from Hardy's POV or even third person.

Let's talk about the situation that happened to Haven that made me cringe, shall we? Wow, it was definitely one emotional roller coaster of a ride alright and I congratulate Lisa Kleypas for pulling it off. Throughout the entire book, I kept on thinking that Hardy had some kind of ulterior motive... but apparently that wasn't the case so I was slightly a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I liked him but the relationship between he and Haven just clicked too fast and easy? At times, I felt that Haven was just too innocent and it was frustrating. Their relationship wasn't exactly realistic in my opinion, but I did like the outcome if it because they both had great sparks with each other!

Overall, I did like this book but it wasn't exactly my favorite from Lisa Kleypas-- even if I did give it a 5 star. Sure, the making love scenes were hot and the sexual tension was off the charts... but I loved Smooth Talking Stranger even more. ;) But either way, it was still another great book by this amazing author!

 Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment