Thursday, December 16, 2010

Once Upon A Scandal by Delilah Marvelle

 There are quite a few things I didn't like about this book... and that is no other but the person Victoria, the main heroine of this book, became. Although she does change for the good and I'm very glad that she did! My heart broke for Remington because despite all of the misfortunes that he has endured for five years after his disappearance, he has always and will still love Victoria no matter what. Just because he broke her heart after he left for Venice and stopped contacting her for all these years, she became a cold-hearted person. It's really amazing that I still feel compassion for her, but I do. I don't blame either of them, Remington nor Victoria. It's just things happen at the wrong place and time-- especially, concerning to what exactly happened to Remington during his stay in Venice... Which I'll let you readers figure out what happened once you read this book. For one, I definitely cried my heart out in the beginning because of the beautiful and blossoming relationship between them and the situation that eventully broke it.

Anyway, at least there were quite a few things that I loved about this book and that is Viscount Jonathan Remington and his best friend and Victoria's cousin, Grayson. I would like a story for him, definitely. He's one entertaining character, that's for sure! I adore Remington because of his belief in magic and hope. It really gives the story a Cinderella-ish sort of theme doesn't it? He has loved Victoria since forever, when he was merely nineteen years old and she, seventeen. To be honest, Victoria came off as a spoiled brat in the beginning because even though Remington declared his love for her, she ignores it and tells him to wait for her coming out and then she'll think about it. Wow, that's pretty cold. But oh well, brats will be brats. Thankfully, she grew up to be a much better person... I guess, lol.

Either way, Once Upon a Scandal was my first book by Delilah Marvelle and I have to say, I really liked it! She really does have a way with her stories and I love her hero because unlike other Regency romance novels that I've read, the hero actually believe in soulmates and fate. Isn't that just cute? Although he also has his dark side... be so forewarned. I can't believe it, but this is almost borderline erotic for a historical romance! Wowzers. Overall, I shall give this book a five stars! As for the rest of the book and what'll happen between the two after Remington comes back (dun, dun!)... why don't you read it and find out. ;) It's definitely a twist that I didn't expect to have happened.

Rating: ★★★★★
Date of release: February 1st 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment