Friday, June 18, 2021

Lessons in Sin by Pam Godwin

Lessons in SinLessons in Sin by Pam Godwin is a sensual and erotic forbidden romance that will have you questioning the lines between right and wrong. In addition to the age-gap between Magnus and Tinsley, their relationship is that of a priest/teacher and student. I typically don't read these types of books but Pam Godwin's lyrical writing clearly lured me in and I am now a devoted worshipper. This story captivated me from start to finish because of the outstanding chemistry between her two main characters. Tinsley Constantine is more than a spoiled rich girl—she is smart, witty, mature, and passionate. Magnus Falke previously led a life of sin and has been atoning for it. He is magnetic, possessive, controlling, seductive, broken, and dark. I loved their interactions and the consequences that came from it.
"She was the shooting star in my life, appearing as a streak of light in the night, compelling me to make wishes and never take my eyes off her."
Not only was Magnus and Tinsley's love story erotic but it was also incredibly romantic and angsty as well, which I loved. The sexual tension and frustration between these two characters was wonderful and I lived for it. Although they are complete opposites, there's no denying the fact that Magnus and Tinsley belong together. She was made for him and he for her. However, there are blockades to their happily ever after in the form of Tinsley's mother and her impending arranged marriage. If you've ever read books from the Midnight Dynasty series, you would know that Tinsley is part of the Constantine family and they have a warring relationship with the Morelli's. This constant threat and feeling of impending doom is present throughout the book. In her attempt to save Magnus, Tinsley makes a decision that will break her heart and his.
"Nothing is going to prevent me from being with you in the way I've only ever been in my dreams."
In the end, I devoured Magnus and Tinsley's love story and will definitely be reading more from Pam Godwin. It was the right amount of dark, sexy as hell, and completely romantic. I was absolutely immersed in their relationship and the struggle that Magnus went through when it came to Tinsley. I loved being in his mind because although he can be cruel and sadistic, his love for Tinsley and desire to protect her always shined through. Tinsley changed him and renewed his faith in love. Magnus never meant to be a priest but it was the only option for him to atone for his past mistakes. Meeting Tinsley changed his destiny. I love this book and couple so much. If you are in the market for a stellar forbidden romance that will have you swooning for your own Magnus, then I highly recommend this book!

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment