Thursday, June 24, 2021

Angel's Promise by Aleatha Romig

Angel's Promise (Devil's Duet #2)Angel's Promise by Aleatha Romig is the conclusion to the Devil's Duet and if I were to describe this series in words it would be: mysterious, captivating, suspenseful, emotional, and sexy. This series encompasses all that I know and love about this author. The character growth from Emma and Rett was outstanding to see. Both went into this deal or marriage as strangers but became so much more. There were so many twists and turns throughout this book! It was action-packed, surprising, and left me on the edge of my seat because we finally get to meet the "mastermind" behind the person who lured Emma to New Orleans in the first place. But besides the mysterious plot, at the center of this story is Emma and Rett's growing relationship and union of the two families, Boudreau and Ramses.
"I want you to know that you are everything I never knew I wanted and more."
I actually found great enjoyment in seeing how Emma and Rett developed over the course of this book. There were compromises to be made because a relationship cannot be sustained with a give and take approach. At one point, I wanted to yell at Rett for his actions because he was hurting Emma. He didn't hardcore grovel like I wanted but he made up for it in his own way. Emma is different from the young woman we met in Devil's Deal. She has grown and realized her own power over Rett. I loved seeing her deal with the "devil" himself. There were also other forces at play including Jezebel, Emma's birth mother, her brother Kyle, and her ex-boyfriend Liam—all of whom want to be the next "ruler" of New Orleans.
"You may see yourself as the devil, but I don't."
In the end, I enjoyed my time with Angel's Promise and getting to witness Emma and Rett's love story. Theirs was a complicated and tense relationship at times but there's no denying the fact that they were fated to be together—just like Rett said in the beginning. I'm personally not sure how I feel about reading Kyle's book, Kingdom Come, next because I thought he was incredibly immature and selfish. The fact that he wanted to kill Emma, his own sister, to rule the city really bothered me. I hope that he is a much better character until then. I would much rather read a book about Ian, Emma's friend and bodyguard. In any case, if you are looking for a suspenseful book full of twists, passion, and secrets with a captivating hero and heroine, then I highly recommend this book!

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment