Wednesday, June 16, 2021

A Lair So Loyal by Zoey Ellis

A Lair So Loyal (The Last Dragorai, #2)A Lair So Loyal is the second book in The Last Dragorai series featuring Tyomar and Oshali. This book felt different from the first one because it features a ward-like relationship between the two main characters. Tyomar was previously featured in Nyro and I'mya's book and I remembered him as the mediator between the brothers and the one who gets along with everyone. In this installment, we get to see another side to Tyomar when he is with Oshali—the young girl he rescued so many years ago. I would recommend reading A Lair So Sinful because Zoey Ellis already did an excellent job establishing the world and its characters in that book. Tyomar and Oshali's story furthers that progression by introducing us to new tidbits and information about the rest of the dragorai brothers and their affect in this world.
"I want every part of you, inside and out. Everything you're willing to give and everything you're not. And I will have it, little cloak."
Oshali is an orphan who had been rescued by Tyomar. Since then, she has been the point contact between the Mheyu, an organization that documents the history of this world and are followers of the Goddesses, and the dragorai. As always, Zoey Ellis excels at capturing the dynamic chemistry and tension between Tyomar and Oshali. Some of their scenes were hilarious, sexy, and erotic. Both characters are stubborn and they often clash because of their strong personalities. Oshali has been in love with Tyomar since young but believes that he will one day abandon her after finding his mate. What she doesn't realize is that Tyomar only has eyes for her and has been biding his time. My favorite part about this book was seeing how their relationship developed from acquaintances to lovers over time.
"You are mine, Oshali. You have always been mine… There won't be anything for you to give to anyone because I will have already taken it. Your heart, your mind, your love, and your kiss."
In the end, I really enjoyed this book and will be excitedly waiting for Zendyor and Elora's book in A Lair So Primal! I've been wanting to read their story since Nyro and I'mya. He is the brother with the quick temper and we've been given hints as to why he has been so distracted lately. If I could summarize Tyomar and Oshali's book, I would say that it was a journey to find oneself and freedom but ending up with so much more. I loved Tyomar's possessiveness and obsession over Oshali as well as his frequent nose rubs. It's very characteristic of the brothers! I recommend this series to fantasy romance lovers who like a bit of spice in their books because the love scenes were fire.

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment