Saturday, June 5, 2021

Angel's Cage by Anna Zaires

Angel's Cage (Molotov Obsession #2)Angel's Cage is the second book in the Molotov Obsession duet and must be read after Devil's Lair. I actually enjoyed this book! At first, I was apprehensive about this couple because I kept questioning why Nikolai was so obsessed with Chloe. What made her so special? But as I continued reading, I began to realize that they surprisingly fit well together because of their past backgrounds and personalities. Nikolai was obsessive, controlling, and dominant whereas Chloe was equally obsessed with her "captor," naive, and submissive. Both were extremely passionate towards each other. These dynamic qualities led to some super sexy and erotic scenes between the two.
"I'm the only one for you now as well. No other man will ever touch you. You're mine as much as I'm yours."
I would say that this duet toes the line between the erotic and dark romance genre because it feels much grayer and tamer compared to others that I have read. Nikolai's dark obsession with Chloe was the main focal point of this book because it portrays him as a man who is conflicted and unable to forgive himself because of his actions. I actually really liked this quality about him. He loves Chloe and wants her for himself by any means possible but he's constantly afraid of what will happen to him if he loses her and his son Slava. I didn't care much about Chloe at first because I didn't find her unique or special but she grew on me. Her love, compassion, and understanding for Nikolai saved him and that's all that matters.
"My need for her is obsessive and dark, dangerous to her and to me."
Chloe and Nikolai's story has ended but there is still so much more to come from this dark and tantalizing world that Anna Zaires has created. It sets the stage for future couples including Alexei and Alina (think Hades and Persephone vibes) and the upcoming duet between Charmaine Pauls and Anna Zaires featuring Alex Volkov and Katherine. In the end, I have enjoyed reading Chloe and Nikolai's story of forgiveness and redemption as well as love and obsession. I've only read from Anna Zaires once so I am really impressed by her writing and world building. I'm definitely looking forward to future works from her! If you love reading about obsessive and dominant heroes who will do anything to keep and protect his heroine, then I highly recommend giving this duet a try!

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment