Saturday, October 7, 2023

My Stalker, My Protector by Jessa Kane

My Stalker, My ProtectorI refuse to believe this is Jessa Kane's last book. Her writing has always been one of my guilty pleasures so I am absolutely heartbroken to hear this news. My Stalker, My Protector might be one of the most unhinged and scariest books she has ever written but it was also spicy in a psychotic way. I was so perplexed by Cash and Scout's relationship because it was wrong. He was completely obsessed and was stalking her... but then she ended up liking it?! They were crazy for each other. As with most Jessa Kane heroes, Cash was completely OTT, possessive, and deranged over the innocent Scout. He had been sending her death threats and emails to stay away from other men—basically terrorizing her despite the fact that he was her brother's best friend and fell down the insanity rabbit hole lol. It was quite ironic and hilarious to watch him descend further into madness over Scout, especially when she conveniently fell right into his hands.
"I realize Scout owns me. Not only have I been her hidden master all along, but she has been mine."
The moment Scout entered Cash's domain, all bets were off and he took over her world. What came as a shock to me and Cash was that she actually liked his undivided attention and stalker tendencies. But he lied to her about it so she came up with a "revenge" plan to stalk him back. See? They were made for each other. As always, the love scenes were incredibly hot and some kinks were involved. The ending had me speechless but as long as they're happy and alive, that's all that matters right? If you're looking for an entertaining stalker smut featuring a mentally unstable but handsome up-and-coming baseball player star and his seemingly innocent heroine who feels the same way for him, this is the book for you. 

Similar authors to Jessa Kane: Dani Wyatt, Sara Fields, Alexa Riley, and Jordan Silver

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment