Friday, October 13, 2023

Let's Play Pretend by Dani Wyatt

Let's Play PretendDani Wyatt makes a return with a brand new palate teaser and story featuring a super steamy and forbidden age gap romance between two unexpected people. Let's Play Pretend is Hannah and Dietrich's story and if the significant age gap between them might bother you, I would not recommend this book. I didn't mind it because I was more interested in seeing how unhinged and possessive Dietrich was going to get once he had Hannah in his hands and the author did not disappoint. Their romance was such a whirlwind and despite coming from two different worlds, Dietrich knew he was going to keep Hannah the moment he set eyes on her. The premise of their relationship was interesting because Dietrich was looking to hire someone to be his daughter for one of his high stakes scams. I wouldn't consider Dietrich a good man but he did have some morals. Hannah gets caught up in the mix as a result of her deadbeat dad and fake uncle, which ultimately led her to agree to Dietrich's proposal.
“I’ve never thought of forever with anyone before, but without you in my life, I don’t want another day.”
In the end, I appreciated this book for what it was—an incredibly spicy and smutty story with a rather engaging plot and interesting characters. I was so happy to hear that this book was much longer than her usual stories because of potentially more sexy scenes between the characters and it provided more nuanced to the characters compared to the author's other works. One of my favorite scenes involved a window because I didn't expect that to happen at all. Although Hannah was pretending to be Dietrich's daughter, it didn't take long for him to want more from her and she was happy to explore her sexuality with him. Fans of Dani Wyatt and Alexa Riley will enjoy this book, so I highly recommend it to readers who are looking for a quick and kinky smut-driven story with the age-gap and dd/lg tropes.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment