Friday, October 27, 2023

One Dirty Night by Pepper Winters

One Dirty NightPepper Winters makes a provocative and enthralling comeback with One Dirty Night—a standalone book that will shock you and have you gasping for more. I went into this book with no expectations and some hesitation but it surprised me. I was blown away by the emotion, angst, and heartbreaking romance between Ella and Nick. There is no denying that Hunter Dixon was such a pleasant surprise and he absolutely needs his own book and love story. The man was confident, wise, incredibly sexy, and had such a dirty mouth. He was certainly a breath of fresh air compared to the author's more recent heroes and I adored him. As for Ella and Nick, I loved them too. Many might say that the romance took a back seat while Ella was exploring her sexuality but I disagree. It played a central role in Ella's decision to visit Hunter's Spectacle of Secrets and it pushed her to fight for Nick's love in the end—forcing him to contend with his own feelings and obsession for her.
"If you don't do everything it takes to keep me yours, then… I won't survive. You killed me the moment you stole my heart, and as long as you hold it tight… I'm trusting you not to let me die."
In the end, this book surprised me in the best of ways and so much more than what I initially thought it was going to be. In addition to the highly erotic sex scenes, Pepper Winters also brought her signature angst and emotion to Ella and Nick's love story. Just because Nick shared her with Hunter did not mean that she never belonged to him. I loved how Ella fought for Nick's affections and took drastic measures even when he pushed her away and broke her heart. When I thought that all hope was lost, we were finally rewarded and I couldn't be happier. Fans of Pepper Winters and the dark romance genre will absolutely love this book because it features a tortured and stubborn hero who fights his love and obsession for his sweet and determined heroine but ends up giving her his heart and soul. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a spicy read with a beautiful love story between two soulmates who were always meant to be.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author/publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment