Wednesday, October 25, 2023

You Beautiful Thing, You by Saffron A. Kent

You Beautiful Thing, You (Bad Boys of Bardstown, #1)You Beautiful Thing, You by Saffron A. Kent is the first book in the Bad Boys of Bardstown series and it features Ledger Thorne and Tempest Jackson—characters that previously appeared in the St. Mary's Rebels series. This was an opposites attract, grumpy/sunshine, enemies-to-lovers, and forbidden romance between two characters who have been circling around each other for years. Ledger always seemed quiet and reserved if arrogant when it came to his rivalry with Reed Jackson, but this latest iteration of him blew that image of him to smithereens for me. Saffron Kent wasn't kidding when she said that Ledger was her most jealous and possessive male character. Overall, their relationship was messy, heartbreaking at times, intense, and mostly frustrating due to a lack of communication between the two. Although Ledger's rivalry and quest for revenge against Reed broke Tempest's heart, it eventually led him to redeem himself in his Firefly's eyes.
“I don’t think we’re made for gentle things, him and me. My cruel, sadistic, beautiful Thorn. And his heartbroken, lovelorn, feisty Firefly.”
In the end, while I enjoyed Ledger and Tempest's intense and forbidden love story, it wasn't my favorite. I wanted to love their relationship but I was more frustrated by their inability to tell each other the truth. Ledger kept many things from Tempest but she also did the same to him. But despite my reservations about their relationship, this was their love story and they truly owned up to it until the very end. Ledger would burn down the world, fiercely protect, and kill for Tempest. That in of itself was his form of love for her. I loved that Tempest was also his biggest champion against the world and his own family who only saw the "angry" part of him but never the sad and lonely boy who wanted to be understood and loved. Despite my frustrations with Ledger and Tempest, I truly appreciated this aspect of their characters. While their story may not be for everyone, I would still recommend to those who are looking for an incredibly spicy and intense love story between a highly dominant and possessive hero and his sweet like candies and cream heroine.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment