Saturday, April 9, 2022

Earning Her Keep by Dani Wyatt

Earning Her Keep (Price of Love)Dani Wyatt's latest book, Earning Her Keep, had everything I wanted in a short, spicy, and slightly forbidden love story—a possessive and dominant hero who is obsessed and stalks his sweet but dirty heroine. Similar to the theme in Obsession, Dane and Primrose have an interesting relationship that can be defined as hate and love. Dane is madly obsessed with Primrose and cannot stop thinking about her; as a result, he hates her for interrupting his daily routine and rules. In comparison, Primrose is a runaway who inadvertently steals another person's identity to work in Dane's household. She is similarly attracted and obsessed with Dane, who is always on the back of her mind.
"She's the opposite of my order and rules. She's free and pure and… true. Everything I want. Everything I don't deserve."
The power dynamic between these two was also a heady thing to witness because Dane is illusive, mysterious, but safe to Primrose. II was holding my breath for the moment their attraction to each other finally came to a head and I was certainly not disappointed by the outcome at all. The chemistry between Dane and Primrose was simply magnetic and addictive to read. I also love the forbidden and taboo aspect of it as well because Primrose was young and innocent whereas Dane was older and hardened by life. Both were hiding secrets—one that they surprisingly had in common.
"I have never known hunger, need, or desire the way I know it for her.""
In the end, I thoroughly enjoyed this book because Dane and Primrose's relationship was incredibly dirty and sexy. In many ways, Dane loves watching Primrose as much as she loves submitting to him. As a huge fan of Dani Wyatt's writing, this might be my favorite of her more recent works. The teasers we got leading up to this book's release were extraordinarily hot and the subsequent scenes we got… wow. I highly recommend this book to those who like the forbidden romance and boss/employee relationship tropes with a domineering, masculine, and wealthy hero with a heroine who falls in love with her older and handsome employer.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment