Saturday, April 16, 2022

Twisted Heartbreak by N. Isabelle Blanco

Twisted HeartbreakTwisted Heartbreak by N. Isabelle Blanco shocked and surprised me. I went in with a vague notion of the plot and came out with a heavy heart and curiosity about what was going to happen next. There is a lot to unpack when it comes to Andrew and Lexi's relationship. Their story is dark, action-packed, full of revenge, and incredibly erotic. I wish I understood why Andrew was so obsessed with Lexi but I can only chalk it up to lust and obsession—at least for now. The trauma that Lexi had to go through because of certain individuals is horrifying. Although she appears fine on the surface, Lexi is broken and running on fumes. However, I loved how she is still resilient, determined, vengeful, and vulnerable despite everything that happened. For the past seven years, she was hidden away and unspeakable things were done to her. All because of one single moment that irrevocably changed both hers and Andrew's life.
"A puppet of powerful men. A puppet of cruel fate. I learned to deal. To survive. To use everything to my advantage." 
As the foil to Lexi's character, Andrew is rage and darkness personified. He is willing to do anything for Lexi—including murder. Following that terrible event seven years ago, Andrew has also changed for the worst with only the constant thought of finding Lexi again. Throughout the book, the story often shifts between the past and present. I appreciated this aspect because it brought to light what exactly happened between Andrew and Lexi as well as the main antagonists that caused such turmoil and pain for these two. I'm disgusted, appalled, and heartbroken over what happened. It's no wonder that Andrew and Lexi are hellbent on revenge and ruining the lives of those who caused them to walk down this path in the first place. Another thing I appreciated was the chemistry and sexual tension between Lexi and Andrew. The love/hate made for some excellent and emotional scenes.
"I'm so hungry for her. I want to consume her. I want her to fill the gaping hole she left in me."
In the end, I enjoyed this book and walked away from it with a heavy heart because of how dark it was. I don't typically read these types of books where the heroine goes through unspeakable tragedies and trauma but I still appreciate N. Isabelle Blanco for writing this type of story. I look forward to seeing how the story will end in Twisted Rage because the book ends in a shocking cliffhanger. Lexi and Andrew have unintentionally become accomplices for murder. There lies a special place in hell for people who engage in sexual acts without consent. If you love reading dark romance that focuses on revenge, intense and lustful moments between the main characters, and second chances, you won't be disappointed in this book!

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment