Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Ten Trends to Seduce Your Bestfriend by Penny Reid

Ten Trends to Seduce Your BestfriendPenny Reid continues to capture my heart with her charming, witty, and heartfelt writing in Ten Trends to Seduce Your Bestfriend. I cried and swooned over Winnie and Byron's relationship because it was simply perfect even though there were a few frustrations along the way. They were not 'perfect' people and had their own shortcomings—however, they felt real and true. Not only was Winnie such a relatable character because of her reluctance in burdening others and insecurities about love but even Byron left a deep impression on me because of his honesty, passion, and devotion for his one and only. I was incredibly invested in their friendship and subsequent relationship because it felt so natural for them to be more. Winnie was such a sunshine character who never wanted to burden others with her problems, always at the expense of herself. She was stubborn, independent, and deeply cared for other people. Byron, on the other hand, was broody, solemn, and quiet. He hated interacting with others and preferred to be left alone most of the time. Byron's decision to help Winnie will finally open the doors to their future together and the realization that they were always meant for each other.
"You are the sweetest torture I've ever known. And you… will never feel one tenth for me what I feel for you. And that, also, is perfect."
This truly was a best friends to lovers and opposites attract book because Winnie and Byron had been tip-toeing around each other for years until they were forced to interact with each other. My favorite part about this book would have to be the slow-burn and developing relationship between Winnie and Byron. They went from being acquaintances to friends and eventually lovers. Even though they frustrated me at times because of their misunderstandings, especially since Winnie didn't think she was capable of being loved, Byron was always willing to devote himself to her. There were many poignant moments in this book, one in which left me with tears in my eyes because Byron was trying so hard to improve himself for Winnie but she was still afraid to fall for him. The honesty and open communication between these two was so refreshing and sweet. I loved how they acknowledged their own mistakes and were willing to improve for the better because a strong relationship is all about give and take. What I also loved about this book was how surprisingly spicy it was. I was shocked by Byron's all-consuming desire and love for Winnie. It took them forever to take it to the next stage but every instance between them burned up the pages because of their intense chemistry.
"This was what desire felt like—the pain, longing, frustration, the torture. I used to hate this feeling, but now I loved it, I wanted it, just as I loved and wanted him."
In the end, I loved this book and the message it left behind for readers—love was about being patient and accepting; it was about loving yourself and depending on others; and ultimately, it was about being not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone and into the unknown. Byron and Willie's relationship was everything I wanted and it has been such an unforgettable experience. Fans of Penny Reid will adore this book with its charming and funny characters. I even loved the side characters, especially Amelia who was Winnie's best friend and Byron's oldest friend. If you love the slow-burn romance, best friends to lovers, unrequited love, and opposites attract tropes, then there is no denying that this book would be for you because I can't highly recommend this book enough.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment