Monday, May 24, 2021

The Other Side of Greed by Lily Zante

The Other Side of Greed (The Seven Sins #5)The Other Side of Greed was my first book by Lily Zante and it features all of the tropes that I love including enemies to lovers, opposites attract, and a slow burn romance. Like Kyra, it took me awhile to warm up to Brandon. He was selfish, greedy, and unrepentant. He was a complete contrast to his younger self in the prologue and Kyra. I assumed that he got adopted by a rich family and forgot about his brother, Kane. As with any romance, the chemistry and growing attraction between the hero and heroine is my favorite part of any book. Brandon and Kyra took awhile to warm up to each other and I can certainly see why. Kyra is incredibly suspicious of Brandon and for a good reason because he plans on infiltrating her nonprofit organization with a fake name and somehow persuade Kyra to give up her building. It certainly makes him come across as callous and cold.

Since the very beginning, I had been waiting ecstatically for Brandon to fall down from his high pedestal and eventually fall in love with Kyra. Lily Zante did not disappoint. Brandon did not understand why Kyra wanted to help the homeless and needy even when his past mirrors what these people are going through. Kyra herself is a great character and I sympathized with her cause. I would say that she is a workaholic who is incredibly passionate about her career. In the end, I really enjoyed this book and will be reading more from Lily Zante! This book would be categorized as contemporary romance and/or new adult. If you like a heroine is who compassionate, kind, and feisty with a hero who is cold, arrogant, and condescending but is irrevocably changed after meeting her, then I highly recommend this book!

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment