Monday, May 10, 2021

Reckoning by Sara Fields

Reckoning: A Billionaire Daddy RomanceReckoning by Sara Fields was incredibly taboo, erotic, and downright dirty. Ever since we were teased about this book, I had been looking forward tothis and it didn't disappoint. I would not recommend this book to those who are uncomfortable with the DD/LG kink—but if you're fine with that, then by all means. The story was fine but Sara Fields excels at writing the sexual chemistry between Dean and Willow. Their romance is certainly not conventional.
"Dean was the kind of man I'd love to call mine, but I knew I would never be allowed such things. A life like mine didn't allow for love or even the smallest bit of happiness."
The story begins with a wedding. Willow Rose works for a shady organization that is forcing her to seduce and con billionaires. She essentially steals their money for the Father and quickly leaves them once it's done. This time, her target is Dean Waterhouse who she is beginning to have feelings for. To Willow, Dean is different because she feels safe and cared for with him. What she doesn't realize is that the both of them are not who they seem to be...
"I'd never been allowed to have a life. Until him. I'd never been allowed to love. Until him. I'd never believed a man's word. Until him."
In the end, I really enjoyed this book! I do have to admit that Willow saying that specific word outside of the bedroom and in front of others was a bit embarrassing to me. There is a lot of discipline and punishment in this book but that goes hand-in-hand with the type of relationship that Dean and Willow has. I would have loved reading Dean's perspective so I can understand his thought process and way of thinking. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more from Sara Fields!

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment