Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Stolen Life by Charmaine Pauls

Stolen Life (Beauty in the Stolen, #2)Stolen Life is the second book in the Beauty in the Stolen trilogy by Charmaine Pauls and it was heartbreaking, action-packed, and full of raw passion between our two main characters. It immediately picks up right after the events of Stolen Lust so this cannot be read as a standalone. Cas has been kidnapped by Ian and forced to become his "prisoner" once again... or is she? As mentioned before, Cas and Ian have a complicated relationship that was previously built on fear and lust. He wanted to protect and keep her safe but only allowed her certain freedoms as long as she earned his trust. It's incredibly messed up and I was initially dismayed by his actions since this was not the way to go if you wanted someone you potentially loved to be happy.
"I want her heart, and when I have that, I'd want a piece of her soul… I can never have enough of her."
This book had a different feel to the previous one because Ian and Cas' relationship gradually transforms into one that can potentially be called love. It's dark and twisted but they are each other's soulmates and I don't believe they can live happily without each other. Ian, who is usually calm and collected, becomes engulfed in jealousy and anger whenever Cas is concerned. The cast of characters does expand to several side ones who make Cas' time in Ian's compound much more liberating and bearable. We also learn more about Leon and Ruben—I frankly despise the latter and hope he gets what's coming to him.
"He may have stolen my affection like the thief he is, but I gave my heart freely."
In the end, Stolen Life was an absolutely gut-wrenching and amazing installment to the first book and will have you screaming for more—because I certainly am. Charmaine Pauls throws us another tearful cliffhanger that broke my heart and caused me to go in denial. To those of you who have read Zoe and Maxime's story, I would say that it mirrors the cliffhanger in Diamonds in the Rough. The repercussions of this ending are unimaginable. I don't know how they can come back from this but I know that Charmaine will blow our minds anyway. Ian and Cas' story will have you on the edge of your seat but trust me, it's completely worth it. I highly recommend this trilogy to those who love complex and multi-dimensional characters with a romance that is incredibly passionate, twisted, and erotic. I loved it and can't wait to read the conclusion to Ian and Cas' story in Stolen Love.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment