Sunday, May 9, 2021

Devil's Deal by Aleatha Romig

Devil's Deal (Devil's Duet, #1)Devil's Deal by Aleatha Romig is the first book in the Devil's Duet and it was enthralling, mysterious, and left me burning with curiosity until the very end. I highly recommend reading the prequel, Fate's Demand, to fully understand what is happening between Emma North and Everett Ramses. Their relationship is quite complicated and I am uncertain where it is headed. I can't say there is love between these two yet but there is lust and a blossoming affection. Rett is obsessed with Emma and believes that she was born to be his. I am quite fascinated by his mind and way of thinking. Alternatively, Emma was initially hesitant about Rett but believes she is slowly changing because of him. It's true that Emma is not the same person she was by the end of this book.
"It's because we belong together. It was fate and neither of us can fight it. You were born to be mine."
The story immediately picks up right after the events in Fate's Demand. Emma has agreed to marry Rett after some choice words between the two. There is uncertainty but also an electric attraction between Emma and Rett. Over the course of the book, Rett keeps many secrets from Emma but ironically asks her to trust him. Emma's frustrations with Rett eventually leads her to make a huge mistake. While I did enjoy the mysterious quality and mood of the book, I was more interested in the romance. Aleatha Romig excelled at portraying the sexual chemistry as well as the dominance and submission between Emma and Rett. I definitely want more of that.
"If I could love… I would try with you, for you."
In the end, I enjoyed Devil's Deal and will be looking forward to seeing how it will all play out in Angel's Promise. This book ends in a frustrating cliffhanger that will leave readers with more questions than answers. However, this is an Aleatha Romig book and I know that she will provide us with a satisfying conclusion in the end. Although I did find Rett strange at times with his talk about fate and destiny, I still thought he was incredibly sexy and dominant. Emma is a likeable heroine who is simultaneously learning more about herself and who she is meant to be while being with Rett. If you love the forced marriage trope with a complex and mysterious anti-hero and a romance that has potential for more, then I recommend giving this book a try! Fans of Aleatha Romig will not be disappointed.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment