Saturday, January 8, 2011

Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward

Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) Rhage, my man. Dude, you are amazing! This book was a HUGE improvement from the first book because I didn't want to run over both the H/hr. I loved Rhage and I really liked Mary. Their romance was just bittersweet as I thought it would be and I'm truly glad that everything worked out in the end between them. In the second installment of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, we get an inside look on Rhage who is known as Hollywood because of his beautiful features. But of course, there is much more to him than meets the eye besides being beautiful, sexy, and funny. And like any brother, Rhage is also very dangerous as well.

The relationship between Mary and Rhage was actually unique to me. Part of the reason was because of a boy name John Matthew and another character was also introduced in this book, Bella. These two will be important characters later on in the series! Anyway, the reason why I thought that their meeting was unique is because Rhage was attracted to Mary because of her voice instead of her beauty. Oddly enough, Vishous has a vision that Rhage would meet his mate soon... hint hint. Mary's voice has a soothing effect on Rhage and soon after that, he tries to go after her. But of course, with any romance, there is some sort of conflict right? For Rhage, it is the beast inside of him. And as for Mary, it is her sickness and the fact that she might not be able to live long enough. In the end, there is only one question. Will Mary be able to survive and be with Rhage forever?

To sum it all up, I thought this was a great book full of vivid characters, writing, and a fascinating plot! Rhage was such a sweet guy and I absolutely adore him for that. His love for Mary was truly incredible, even if they only just met. But from the first meeting to the first touch, you could tell that they were meant for one another. In the end, this book is a must read so I'll be giving this a 5 out 5 stars.

Rating: ★★★★★ 

No comments:

Post a Comment