Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) I'm not really sure how I feel about this book. I loved the plot, the characters, but I'm definitely not feeling Beth and Wrath. I feel as if their romance was flawed because there wasn't any true development in it... I guess this is my morals speaking again, but hey. You don't have sex with someone you just met / stranger, who just broke into your house, even if you suddenly feel a wave of lust on you. Haha! I mean I thought she hated men dude, so you can't blame me for thinking that. It's kind of sad how I'm even more interested in the other characters, especially the relationship between Buch and Marissa, than Beth and Wrath. But either way, this was still a good foundation for the first book of the series. This book was definitely one fascinating read and a good start for the Black Dagger Brotherhood series!

I admit that the sex was hot between the two and there were some moments where things got pretty emotional, but I truly don't see the love. Something must be wrong with me! I enjoyed the comic relief between the brothers AND the beginning of a wonderful friendship between Butch, and Vishous. It was rather very funny and cute seeing them becoming friends when the other brothers wanted to kill Butch.

To sum it all up, I did find this book to be enjoyable, but it could have been better in my opinion. Soo, I shall definitely be looking forward to the rest of the book in the series! I'll be giving this one a 4 stars.

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment