Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) My response after finishing The Clockwork Angel: "What the, nooo!" Wow, I'm not really sure I have any words to say after finishing this wonderful book. The fact that I decided to read the this before The Mortal Instruments series might have made me confused in the beginning, but after reading the book, I began to feel as if this series is truly connected to its decessor. I'm not going to be biased and say that this series is better than Cassandra Clare's first series since I haven't read it yet, meaning there is nothing for me to compare. But I think overall, this book was truly good. It was exciting, mysterious, and rather shocking when the true villain was revealed. I also sense a love triangle so I'm looking forward to that and Will's secret!

I admit that the beginning of the book was a tad bit boring and slow. But soon, the plot picks up right after Tessa gets rescued by Will from the Dark Sisters and readers get a sense of what the plot behind this book is all about. Tessa is an essential asset to something, but it has something to do with her shape-shifting powers and that the Magister wants to possess her. Throughout the entire book, Tessa begins to question her heritage and why exactly she is the way she is. There is no answer for that yet, but hopefully in the next upcoming books, there will be. As for the other characters, I did mention that I find Will Herondale to be an interesting character. I'm pretty sure that Will will become Tessa's love interest, but also Jem as well. Although something tragic must have happened to him in the past... which is why he often tries to build up a wall between himself and Tessa. Jem will also probably be an important character later on in the books because in my opinion, he is the nicer counterpart of Will. And last but not least, the villains. I never would have guessed but I always sensed that it was much more than that and I guess I was right.

Overall, this was truly a great start to The Infernal Devices series and I'm anticipating for the next book, The Clockwork Prince. The ending of the book was a cliff-hanger so I can't wait to see what will happen next!

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment