Monday, January 31, 2011

The Countess by Lynsay Sands

The Countess (Madison Sisters, #1) The Countess by Lynsay Sands was my first book by the author and I have to say, I really enjoyed it so I'm definitely looking forward to her next books! The book itself was sexy, witty, and amusing with a very engaging plot. It's slightly part mystery and romance but it fit well together. Throughout the entire story, I was clueless as to who the main culprit was, so if you like mystery with a touch of spice in the romance department in your historical romance books, then this is the one for you! Although I do have to admit that I thought the love between Christiana and Richard was rather weak. They definitely did have plenty of sexual chemistry, ahem! So I guess I just shrugged and went with it because their sexual chemistry was oh so hot.

The story starts out with an unhappy Christiana who is married to a horrible man who she fears. Her sister ends up arriving at the doorstep one day-- which of course, angers her husband. It was rather amusing as to what happened when she finds out that her husband had apparently died... so she ends up packing him in ice to preserve the body, literally! The reason why was quite simple, since her sisters were in dire need of a husband in order to access their dowry money, Christiana and her sisters decided to hide the body in order to have a scandal-free debut! This is where the fun truly begins because at that same ball, Christiana ends up meeting her husband's twin who she thinks is her dead husband come alive. This person is of course, the real Richard Fairgrave, while the one Christiana married was the evil twin named George who tried to kill Richard and impersonated him. You'll get it once you read it. Anyway, that's basically how Christiana ends up meeting Richard and how they both start to have feelings for one another. And making hot love scenes as well. *coughs*

To sum it up, I really did like the first book to this series and I can't wait for Suzette and Daniel's book, The Heiress. You pretty much get a preview of their relationship in The Countess, and I'm guessing Lisa the romantic of the sisters will end up with Langley in the 3rd book. The love scenes were sizzling and very hot, so you definitely don't want to miss that! I'll be giving this book a 5 out of 5 stars.

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment