Sunday, August 16, 2020

Dark Fairy Tales by Skye Warren and Various Authors

Dark Fairy TalesIf you're in the mood for a collection of fairy tale inspired love stories by your favorite dark romance authors, then this book is for you. I really enjoyed reading these short novellas and it had me itching to read some of the authors' own books. I especially loved Skye Warren's rendition of King Midas, Celia Aaron's Rumplestiltskin, Sierra Simone's version of The Princess and the Pea, and Willow Winters' Beauty and the Beast. They were incredibly sexy and scorching hot.
“I couldn’t have cared less what you called yourself, as long as you called yourself mine.”
- Sierra Simone, The Princess and the Pea
All of these stories have several things in common and it's that they're all set in the same universe, taking place in the same mansion and ball, and happening in the same night. It's really interesting and it potentially sets the stage for Jade West' upcoming book, Heartless in what the authors allude to as the world of Midnight Dynasty for one of the central characters in the family that is throwing the ball. At the center of all of this, there is a Romeo and Juliet plot going on between Morellis and the Constantines family.
It was the woman in gold. The woman owning the room without even trying. She was wearing a Venetian mask that covered so much of her face I could barely make out her features, but that didn't matter. I didn't need to see her face. The visible parts of her were enough to drive me wild.
- Jade West, Heartless
Each of the stories were unique and can be considered complete standalone to the authors' own books. I guess you could say this anthology would be a collection of short stories that is meant to draw and hook you into reading more from them. It certainly worked for me! They were romantic, heartbreaking at times, really sexy, and they're inspired by our favorite fairy tales. In the end, I am really happy that I read this because it reminded me why I loved some of these authors so much and that I should probably go back and read some of their books that I haven't already started yet.

*This ARC was generously provided by Valentine PR & Literary Management and Skye Warren for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment