Saturday, August 15, 2020

Follow Me Darkly by Helen Hardt

Follow Me DarklyThis was my first book by Helen Hardt and it made me an instant fan of hers because of how well-written it was. I have always been curious about her books, especially the Steel Brothers saga. Well, now I will be interested in reading more from her! Follow Me Darkly was an incredibly sexy, sometimes mysterious, and erotic story about a young woman who finds freedom in relinquishing control. It's a little dark and the characters do dabble in some bondage, but I don't consider it BDSM. Braden and Skye are both really interesting characters and I want to see how their relationship will play out in the end. I was surprised that the book was entirely in Skye's POV. Braden was such a mysterious character and his refusal to tell Skye what happened to him in the past has both Skye and readers wanting more.
“Do you know what that means to me? It means you’re mine, Skye. In this bedroom—in the dark, you’re mine.”
Although the romance does play a second role in Skye and Braden's relationship, it is obvious that they are incredibly attracted to each other and Braden's non-commitment to relationships was a rather big flag to me. I wonder why... The sexual encounters between the two, in my opinion, was the star and main focal point of the story. Braden is obsessed with Skye and I feel like there is more to him than meets the eye. I was completely fine with the romance not being front and center because I feel like Hardt will eventually dive deeper into that aspect in the next book. The book does not end with a cliffhanger but we do get "promises" being made by Skye and Braden. There are still a lot of questions that need to be answered and it certainly left me wanting more, but for now, I am content with the ending.
“I have more in store for you, now that I control you in the dark. Will you follow me, Skye? Trust me to give you all kinds of pleasure?”
In the end, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I can't wait to read more about Braden and Skye in Follow Me Under . Their relationship was all-consuming and passionate. Braden was such a mysterious character and there is definitely darkness to him that we haven't begun to even scratch the surface to. Skye is equally obsessed with him as well and I liked that about her. For those of you who love to read dark romance and books like Fifty Shades of Grey, I highly recommend this book.

*This ARC was generously provided by Entangled Publishing and Helen Hardt for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment