Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Kiss for Luck by Kele Moon

A Kiss for Luck I actually read book when I woke up this morning and oh my god was a fabulous hot read. I've read Kele Moon's earilier work, Beyond Eden and I loved it to pieces. This gem was no exception! Even if it was short, I still adore it because wow, Clara and Jackson's love scenes were very sexy. If you love stories where the H/h start as best friend but turn into lovers, then this is the book for you. I enjoyed this A Kiss for Luck very much and I wouldn't mind reading it again!

Can I just say the hero is one fine piece of hunk and that Clara is very lucky that he loves her?! Jackson has always been in love with Clara ever since he met her back in high school. When she married her asshole of a husband named Frank, Jackson was left with a broken heart and his friendship with Clara was almost ruined. Years later, our heroine Clara catches her husband committing adultery in bed with some bimbo chick and that was the end of that. The story starts out on New Years Eve where we learn that because Clara is filing for divorce, she's staying at Jackson's apartment for the time being. She finds out that Jackson might be home late due to his job as a firefighter and a paramedic and tells him that she'll be fine. But of course, things don't always go as plan huh?

When Clara goes back to Jackson's apartment, she takes a bath and ends up drinking until unexpectedly, Jackson comes home. Busted! I do believe that this is where Clara unexpectedly kisses Jackson (it's a chaste kiss, mind you)-- which of course catches him by the surprise. Let's just say... everything starts from there and the night will only get hotter. I just wish this was longer, but oh well. We can't always have what we want! Overall, this was another great one by Kele Moon; 5/5 stars.

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment