Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Eye of the Beholder by Emma Jay

Eye of the Beholder Meh. This short read was a pretty decent historical romance at best. There wasn't much to the story since it was so short... but you kind of get the gist of the storyline and the characters in it. Grayson Adams happens to have two lives where he's an erotic painter by day and an "esteemed" gentleman/younger son of a baron by night. The heroine Sarah Dusenberry is your 'typical' lady, who is almost towards the age of spinsterhood, and is not exactly drop dead gorgeous. Well, the hero sure thinks so though. I had some trouble with her because some of the moves that Sarah made were so... stupid. There were a couple of moments in the book where I wanted to hit my head against the wall because of her stupidity. I don't really have much to say about the hero either because he was so... flat? Grayson's character development didn't call out to me at all. He pretty much just wanted to get into Sarah's pants-- to put it bluntly, lol.

Oh and the romance. It felt like their relationship was built upon lust? Usually I would have no problem for that, but I tend to judge pretty high when it comes to historical romances. If Sarah was truly an innocent, why the heck would she pose nude for some stranger? What the! That is just waaaay off. I guess, just because she believes that no one will marry her, it's "okay" to do that. *Sigh* I don't know, but this one just didn't work out for me. I mean, it was okay for a nice quick read but I was also pretty disappointed as well. Overall, 3/5 stars.

Rating: ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment