Sunday, May 1, 2011

Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah Maclean

Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3) Boy, if you thought that Sarah Maclean's first book to this series, Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake was amazing... then this book is going to blow it straight out of the water. I've been anticipating Juliana and Simon's relationship ever since book one. Remember the scene where they met each other while Juliana was looking for a gift for her brother? Starting right there and then, that was their beginning! I had high expectations for this book because while I loved Callie's story with Gabriel, I did not like Nick and Isabel's. Sarah Maclean finally redeems herself in this installment and gives her dear characters and happily ever after that they all deserve.

The romance between these two was amazingly hot because of their dynamic chemistry that started from the very beginning. I loved every stolen moment and kiss between Simon and Juliana because while he often and so repeatedly say that he would never fall with her... sometimes, you can't control love at all. Juliana Fiori is described as a walking scandal, and in a way, she is. Simon Pearson happens to be the Duke of Disdain because he grew up believing that reputation is everything. Scandal is definitely something that he should stay far away from! But of course, what man could resist someone like Juliana? Even though I didn't shed as many tears when I read Callie's story, Juliana's story with Simon was a heartfelt and beautiful story of finding love from someone that you least expect it to be. I loved how Juliana tempted Simon in every way-- which makes it so much more enjoyable!

The ending was a perfect conclusion to a wonderful story and as a reader, I am proud to say that Sarah Maclean has done a wonderful job wrapping everything up and somehow... leaving some stories open. I really hope Benedick and Georgiana will be able to get their own HEA because they deserve so much. A BIG five stars for this lovely read that I'll never likely forget!!

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment