Sunday, May 29, 2011

Breaking Point by Pamela Clare

Breaking Point (I-Team, #5) I think it's time I finally pay my respects to the wonderful Pamela Clare. I absolutely adored Natalie and Zach's relationship because of the explosive chemistry that they had together as well as the situation that ensued these two to meet. It may not be my favorite, but it's definitely second best when it comes to the previous book, Naked Edge. I don't know if I can give this review justice, but this was equally another amazing book in the I-Team series! My heart broke for both Zach and Natalie because they were two broken souls who needed love-- esepcially after the tragic events that had to occur in their lives. The characters were well-developed and we actually get to see the rest of the team from the previous books! Hunter, Darcangelo, and my favorite? Rossiter!! There's also Joaquin... which I'm pretty sure we'll be able to get his book later on. I sure hope so because he also deserves his HEA as well.

Let's talk about Natalie, Zach, and their amazing chemistry! I must admit that the way the met was not the best situation. It was horrifying to read how Zach got tortured and how one of the Zetas (Quintana) had sort of 'violated' Natalie. Thankfully, they managed to escape and so begins their journey across the dangerous desert to the border. While I do admit that the romance between these two were hot with a capital H, I also felt that it was a little bit too fast. Zach kept on "assuring" Natalie that nothing was going to come out of this so called 'relationship' that they were having. He just didn't want to admit that he was falling for Natalie. But I do understand the process that came to be because of their love for one another. Natalie knew right off the bat that Zach was the one even though she thought that she wasn't able to love again after her fiancee, Beau died. But... with Zach, she felt as if she was able to love again. As I've said, Zach and Natalie are both lonely people who crave love.

Natalie happens to be the only survivor in her family and Zach happens to be also the only survivor out of his group of friends. Sad isn't it? These two have so much in common with each other that it's heartbreaking. I'm just glad that Zach finally saw the light and accepted his love Natalie and her love for him. Ah, and I must mention the intense love scenes between the two. Wowzers! It was smokin' hot and very sexy. That waterfall scene was a nice bonus, but my favorite part was what happened after Zach told Natalie about his time in the war. I'm talking about the morning after and the intense love session that occurred, LOL! ;)

Overall, I loved it and the villains of the story got what they deserved! My favorite quote related to Zach has got to be one of his monologues:

She was his absolution, his redemption, his salvation.
It's simple yet very meaningful! 5/5 stars!!

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment