Sunday, May 29, 2011

Annie's Song by Catherine Anderson

Annie's Song I don't even know how to describe my feelings after finishing this book last night. It was beautiful, inspiring, and tantalizing in every way. I cried so much for Alex and Annie because of the sufferings that they had to endure to be together. The journey in finding true love is not always an easy one... but when it comes, it is always unexpected. I loved the relationship between Alex and Annie so much that it hurts. I wanted them to get their happily ever after and in the end, I got exactly what I wanted and even more! If you think about it, if Douglas had never done what he did, Alex would never have met Annie and loved her this much. Fate is such a funny thing. What was so heartbreaking about this book was the fact that our heroine, Annie, was also misunderstood and people believed that she was a moron... when in fact, she was just deaf.

Annie's Song by Catherine Anderson is definitely one of the best western historical romance novels that I have read this year. It was a sweet story about two people growing to love one another so much that living without them would be like "dying inside." I loved each and every one of the characters-- except Annie's parents. Not only were they ignorant, but they were also selfish. Especially her dad! Her mother did redeem herself... so I hated her less. One of my favorite parts in the book was when Alex finally told Annie that he loved her with the ear trumpet. It was so heart wrenching because soon after, she ran out of the room crying! The thoughts that were inside her head, my god. She believed that Alex deserved someone that wasn't HALF of a person, like her. Someone who wasn't deaf and could be able to love him as much as he loved her.

I was actually shocked at how hot the love scenes were. Even though other would say no, I thought it was both sweet and spicy at the same time. Alex and Annie definitely have chemistry! To sum it up, this book is definitely a keeper. I wasn't able to stop thinking about what would happen next and I think in that aspect, Catherine Anderson has done a wonderful job!!

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment