Monday, May 22, 2023

Claim by Sienna Snow

ClaimSophia Morelli has always been known as the "wild child" in the family but what we thought we knew about her partying ways was only a facade. Claim by Sienna Snow is her story with the enigmatic, possessive, and brooding Damon Pierce. I was pleasantly surprised by this book and loved how the author was able to use what we already knew about Sophia and develop her into such a strong but vulnerable heroine. This vulnerability of hers would eventually capture the attention of Damon Pierce, Lucian Morelli's best friend, and throw them both into a whirlwind romance that neither expected. Despite my frustrations with Damon's hot and cold attitude regarding Sophia, I liked that he owned up to it because he simply could not stay away from her. He tried to push her away because of his past but like a moth to a flame, Damon was obsessed with her and grew increasingly possessive of Sophia.
"Claiming you means you're mine, Sophia. I will use any means necessary to protect you. I'm not letting you go. I can't… There is no escape for you now."
In the end, Sophia Morelli and Damon Pierce's story was an unexpected surprise and I really enjoyed their explosive, intense, dirty, and incredibly spicy relationship. I was impressed by Sienna Snow's writing and characterization. This book does end with a cliffhanger that left me speechless and frustrated because it made me want to read Defy immediately. Lucian Morelli from Heartless made a spectacular cameo in Sophia's book, which comes as no surprise as she was close to him. I loved their relationship because Lucian tried to be protective older brother but failed to persuade Sophia and Damon away from each other. I appreciated the fact that they had their own issues to overcome—Damon was haunted by a failed relationship while Sophia was pretending to be someone she was not. Fans of the Midnight Dynasty world will not want to miss out on Sophia and Damon's book because it features a sweet but powerful heroine who knows her own worth and isn't afraid to challenge her brooding and possessive hero.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment