Thursday, May 25, 2023

Liars Like Us by J.T. Geissinger

Liars Like Us (Morally Gray, #1)There are no words to describe how much Liars Like Us blew my mind because J.T. Geissinger knocked Callum McCord and Emery Eastwood's story out of the ballpark. It was hilarious, incredibly sexy, shocking, and everything I wanted and expected it to be. This book is a story like no other and I consider it my favorite read of the year so far because I simply devoured it. It may seem like a typical billionaire romance where the hero rescues the heroine in a damsel in stress situation but it is so much more than that. The sexual chemistry and banter between Callum and Emery was a heady thing to witness because his intensity and seriousness matched her wit and sassiness. Callum's love, dedication, and obsession for Emery goes beyond anything I have ever seen in a hero. He may not be her knight in shining armor but he was her dirty-talking red flag of a monster.
"What you are is my reason for being. My center of gravity… You feel like sunlight to me. You feel like a sky full of stars. I loved you before I even knew your name."
In the end, I loved everything about this book—Callum and Emery's complicated and sexy relationship most of all. I did not expect the spice because their love scenes were steamy and swoon-worthy as Callum persistently pursues Emery and chooses her over everything. There was another layer to Callum and Emery's relationship that came as no surprise to me—they were liars of the heart. Emery lied about her true feelings for Callum every time he confronted her about it and he lied about many things all for the sake of her love. It was so fascinating to see Emery unwillingly fall for Callum even though she knew that he was all wrong for her. When Callum's secret was finally revealed, I was completely shocked and speechless because he really went that far for Emery. Fans of J.T. Geissinger, especially those who love her Beautifully Cruel and Queens & Monsters series, will not want to miss out on this story because it features a highly possessive, obsessive, and morally gray hero who will go to any lengths to obtain his sassy and spitfire of a heroine.

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment