Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Step-Hero by Dani Wyatt

Step-HeroDani Wyatt returns with a brand new story called Step-Hero, a forbidden romance between step-siblings in the Wanting What's Wrong series and it was incredibly dirty and steamy. Trent and Kat had so much sexual tension and chemistry. While their romance and entanglement with each other was the main focal point of the story, I really liked that there was an additional suspenseful element to it as well with Kat's stalker. The book felt longer, which I appreciated because it allowed for some additional character development for Trent and Kat. Despite their status as "siblings," they were anything but that. Trent and Kat have had feelings for each other but they never acted on it—until he eventually returned from deployment two years later. All bets were off once he reunited with her because she was simply his.
"I would do anything for him. I would live for him. I would die for him. Every breath, every thought, will always belong to him."
Dani simply excels at writing forbidden and taboo romance and this story was certainly no exception. I was shocked and blushed at some of the scenes Trent and Kat had because he was ready to give her everything—including himself and all the darkness inside of him. Their coupling was intense, erotic, and filthy. After coming back from deployment, Trent had become even more possessive, dominant, and obsessed with Kat. These two burned up the pages with their intensity and moments together. Although I had some frustrations with Kat because she was keeping some major secrets from Trent, specifically her stalker and the one behind her parents' death, I also sympathized with her struggle, guilt, and shame.
"I know one simple truth: All of her is mine. Every inch. Every breath. It all belongs to me."
In the end, this was a strong introduction to Dani Wyatt's brand new forbidden/taboo series and I absolutely can't wait to read Step-Bully next. I do want to note that this book does contain the DDLG kink so if you're not into that, I would avoid this book. However, if you do not care about this, you will be satisfied with Trent and Kat's book because it was fast-pace, romantic, suspenseful, and smutty. I highly recommend this book if you like the age-gap and taboo romance with a dominant and possessive hero who is completely devoted and in love with his sweet and equally devoted heroine.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment