Wednesday, October 5, 2022

My JoeSmith: Exposed by Pebbles Lacasse

My JoeSmith: Exposed, Book TwoMy JoeSmith: Exposed by Pebbles Lacasse is the continuation of Terri and JoeSmith's relationship as she is forced to contend with his identity and her own complicated feelings for him and others. This one definitely took me out of my comfort zone due to the fluidity of the characters' sexual preferences and how far they were willing to go to have pleasure. I wasn't particularly interested in this aspect of the book since Terri was in some kind of open relationship with several different characters. What I was looking forward to, however, was the developing romantic relationship between Terri and Ben and it did not disappoint. I have been fascinated by Ben's character since the beginning and there is more than meets the eye with him. In addition to being a multifaceted character, I loved how charismatic and devoted he was to Terri as their romance was super sweet and steamy.
"I want you every moment of every day. You're constantly on my mind. I see you when I plan for my future and you haunt my dreams when I close my eyes."
While Ben and Terri take major steps in their relationship, Sam also finds a unique relationship of her own with Mule/Jason. Sam wasn't as annoying in the sequel but her attempts at third-wheeling Terri's growing romance with Ben made for some frustrating moments. Terri continues to feel conflicted with her current predicament but makes a significant discovery during one of her sessions with JoeSmith. As she is being punished, JoeSmith briefly lifts his mask and Terri is able to confirm his identity. I was shocked and elated to finally know who this mysterious and powerful individual was. For the first time since their relationship began, Terri finally has power over her Master and knows his secret.
"How did he reach so deeply into my heart and steal it with such ease without me noticing?"
In the end, I have enjoyed Terri's story with her mysterious lover as she becomes more confident in herself and sexual nature. Despite reading a story that was out of my comfort zone, I still appreciated the fact that there were some romantic scenes between Terri and Ben because I stayed for them. Fans of the office/workplace romance and BDSM trope will undeniably like this book because it was very well-written and sexy. However, it does contain a rather open relationship between its main female and male character so that might not be to your preference. If you like your heroes mysterious, charismatic, and dominant with a shy heroine who truly grows into herself, then you won't be disappointed with Terri's journey of a love story.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment