Monday, March 28, 2011

Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning

Rock Hard (Sinners on Tour, #2) If you thought that Backstage Pass was hot, Rock Hard totally trumps that and is SMOKIN' hot. Ever since Olivia Cunning's debut, she has been an auto-buy author for me because steamy scenes, angst, and just thoroughly made characters. As a whole, this series is a must read for erotica and even contemporary romance fans with plenty of spice in it. We all thought that Sed Lionheart was a complete douchebag because of his personality but in actuality, there was a reason behind it and in this installment, we get to find out who and why it is. I definitely can't wait to read the next character's book in the series, but I would really love it to be Trey! Although either Eric or Jace is fine with me. A BIG 5 stars for this one.

As I've said before, the romance between Sed and Jessica was pretty 'delicious.' I think I have a thing for heartbroken heroes and their misconceptions. There was a lot of ups and downs in their relationship and at one point, I wanted to shake Jessica and ask why she is doing this. We first find out the reason why Sed and Jessica's relationship did not work out in the prologue because of a pretty huge misunderstanding. And I guess after they broke up... things haven't been the same ever since. My heart broke for Sed because throughout those two years that they have been separated, he has always loved Jessica because he still keeps her engagement ring and picture with him at all times. After two years, these two finally meet again during Brian's bachelor party because his wedding with Myrna is in a couple of days! Remember Backstage Pass? But yeah, it wasn't a pretty sight because Jessica was working as an 'exotic dancer' at the club since she needed some money for law school. I don't want to get in-depth but she has a few problems of her own ever since she and Sed broke up.

Things start heating up when Myrna assigns Jessica as her assistant which means that Jessica will be living in the tour bus with Sed and the rest of the band. What do you think will become of this? Of course there will be some steamy love scenes. Jessica becomes jealous of the 'groupies' that Sed brings in and everything starts right there, again. Anyway, the ending was rather sweet and sexy so I am quite satisfied with it. But yeah, I'm really looking forward to Trey's story because of what he went through in this book! His secret love for Brian is still heartbreaking... but what can he do? Brian is married to Myrna now and when they were talking about having children, Trey's face turns into horror. I really hope he will be able to find his HEA and I will trust Olivia Cunning in that aspect.

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment