Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1) I believed I choked myself on water when I got to the end of this book. Holy cow! What an unbelievable book The Goddess Test was by debut author, Aimee Carter. I simply fell in love with all of the characters (except the culprit behind the killings, tsk. Such a twist). I especially love Kate and Henry because their love story was just so sweet, cheesy, but heart-breaking. Unrequited love is the most painful of all, don't you think? I still sense that there is more to Henry than meets the eye because hello, he is Hades the God of the Underworld! But his character is just so... lonely. I don't believe that he has ever been truly loved before and it makes his character all the more sad. Thankfully, Kate comes to the rescue because she actually falls in love with him day by day. It was beautifully written-- adding in all the twists and relevations at the end of the book. I'm definitely looking forward to more from Aimee Carter and thank you Netgallery and Harlequin for granting me to read and review this wonderful book!

I admit that I've been spazzing over this book when I first read the summary and saw the beautiful cover. Including myself, I have always been interested in Greek Mythology and to be honest, this one turned out very well! I loved how history made Hades the bad guy... but in The Goddess Test, we see a side of him that was never brought up before. The ending was truly a twist and I obviously have a thing for twists-- even if it does make me choke on air. I really did enjoy every step that Kate took in order to pass the test. She didn't just do it for her mom but she also did it for Henry. I loved how she never once thought for herself and that's exactly what makes her character so intriguing. Although there were moments when I wanted to bang my head against a wall because as much as I love Kate and Henry, things got kind of awkward in the beginning.

To sum it up, any lover of Greek Mythology, paranormal romance, and you adult readers would eat this book right up! It's just that good and I'm looking forward to purchasing this when it releases April 19th. A solid 5 stars from me!

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment