Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss I fell completely and utterly in love with this book. There are no words to describe how I feel about it besides postive words like wonderful, marvelous, and just beautiful overall. Even the ending made me smile! I love Anna and Etienne's relationship so much because it was so freaken sweet! Etienne literally redefines the word sexy and adorable. I recommend this book to any YA and contemporary romance fans because it's definitely a book that you don't want to miss out on! The cover and title may be quite misleading because of it's simpleness... but there is NOTHING simple about this book. It's story about finding true love, independence, and friendship. What's not to love?

After reading so many positive reviews about this book, I decided to give this one a go and I've been hooked ever since. Anna is a very likable heroine who is often flawed in many ways. Yes, there were many moments when I had to face palm because of some of the "dumb" things that she did. She's not perfect but no one truly is. She's just a girl who's falling in love with a guy who she isn't supposed to fall in love with. I love how she tries her best to not fall in love with him because she knows it's wrong. But unfortunately, when you've fallen too deep in love with someone... it's hard to keep it all in. As for her friends, Mer, Josh, and Rashmi were pretty much awesome and what anyone would want in a group of friends. If it wasn't for them, I don't think Anna would have felt at home in Paris and found where she belonged. But her other friend back home Bridgette... let's just say I don't have a lot of nice things to say about her. To sum it up, she did the most hurtful thing that a best friend could do. Read this book to find out!

And now, let's finally talk about the cute English boy with a French name who claims that he is an American, Etienne St. Clair! Ugh, this guy is such a sweet, adorable, funny, and sexy mess. Not really, he's actually a neat freak like Anna. I think his relationship with Anna made this the most enjoyable book I have read in awhile. It's quite obvious that he's gorgeous and is the most popular boy in school... but alas, he is also another flawed character and I think this aspect is what makes him real. He fell in love with Anna the first time he met her but with a few complications such as his girlfriend, Ellie, it things a lot more complicated. Of course he feels guilty which is why both he and Anna try desperately to be just friends but it doesn't exactly work. They end up falling deeper and harder for each other the more time they spend with one another. But seriously, you'll know why these two make the perfect couple when you read it!

So YES, this book was so good that I had to go out and buy my own copy and read it over and over again. Not to mention that while I was reading this, Colbie Caillat's Falling For You was on! Overall, I give this book a HUGE 5 stars because of how great it was. For Stephanie Perkins first debut, she did an AMAZING job and I can't wait to read her next work!!

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment