Sunday, February 12, 2023

Step-Bully by Dani Wyatt

Step-Bully (Wanting What's Wrong #2)Dani Wyatt returns with Step-Bully, a brand new book in the Wanting What's Wrong series that specifically focuses on the forbidden romance trope and plenty of spicy moments between her characters. Scotch and Lula's story did not disappoint and fans of the author will be pleased to know that it features everything you know and love about her writing—hot and steamy moments, love/lust at first sight, a possessive hero who falls obsessively in love with his innocent heroine, angst and drama, and a forbidden romance between step-siblings. However, I do want to note that Lula and Scotch were only step-siblings for a few days and did not know each other at first. Unfortunately for Scotch, he fell head over heels in lust/love with Lula the instant he set his eyes on her.
"I don't think she understands the lengths I will go to protect her and keep her bound to me forever."
While I do have to admit that the story was somewhat lacking compared to Step-Hero, I did really enjoy it nonetheless. The harassment/bully situation from Scotch was unexpected and I did not expect Larry, Lula's new and unpleasant step-father, to have a role in it as well. What made me forgive Scotch more easily was that he didn't know Lula was related to the scrapyard he was trying to run out of business. Although I felt like Lula should not have forgiven him so easily, Scotch did make up for it in the end and was able to resolve the issue by running his father out of city for good. Looking forward to James' book! In the end, I recommend this book to those who loves the forbidden romance trope with a hero who never wanted love but falls obsessively in love with his innocent and feisty heroine.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment