Friday, February 3, 2023

When a Moth Loved a Bee by Pepper Winters

When a Moth Loved a Bee (Destini Chronicles, #1)Pepper Winters has crafted a story that is incredibly haunting, beautifully romantic, and complex because it reveals everything and nothing all at once. Although we’re given certain clues and hints on what may have happened between the girl and her stranger, there is this inexplicable and instant connection that they cannot ignore despite their lost memories. Something or someone is trying to keep them apart—no matter what. What ensues is a tale of heartbreak and an attempt to uncover their memories to what may be a hopeless endeavor for these two star-crossed lovers. Dorra and Runa will have a long road ahead of them and there are forces that will attempt to tear them apart no matter what.
"I want to tell you that one day, we will be together… I want to tell you… I love you. That I loved you before I remembered you, and I'll love you through every life after this one."
While I would have liked for more spice between Dorra and Runa, the angst and emotion that they had for each other was powerful enough to keep me intrigue and invested. Instead, the author has created a slow burn romance with plenty of sexual tension and longing for our main characters. This book will absolutely tug at your heart and keep readers enthralled because of the devotion, possession, and love that the moth has for his bee. I do want to note that I read the updated version with 20% of the book edited out. In the end, When a Moth Loved Bee is a story between star-crossed lovers who were never supposed to fall in love and paid a heavy price for it. Even though Dorra and Runa may come from different worlds, their soul remembered each other and this new journey might very well be their redemption and reunion.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment