Wednesday, September 21, 2022

My JoeSmith: Anonymity by Pebbles Lacasse

My JoeSmith: Anonymity, Book OneMy JoeSmith: Anonymity is the first book in a brand new series by Pebbles Lacasse and I was thoroughly impressed by her writing, characterization, and the developing romance between Terri, the mysterious "JoeSmith," and Ben Manning. Although this is typically not the type of books I read because it deals heavily with kink and BDSM, I couldn't help but be captivated by her characters' actions and root for their happy ending. Terri is the type of heroine who longs for love but she often makes decisions that go against her ultimate happiness. This can be exemplified in her attempts at rationalizing her potential relationship with JoeSmith who has yet to reveal his identity to her. While their time together is incredibly erotic and exciting, it also feels fleeting and one-sided. As Terri continues to explore her relationship with JoeSmith, she expands her horizons and sexual attraction to other characters.
"I can't lose myself in the romantic fog. It isn't real. He doesn't love me the way this feels like he does."
While the story does heavily revolve around Terri's sexual exploration with three different characters, I appreciated the fact that it also focuses on romance as well. I was invested and intrigued by her time with the alluring, dominant, and mysterious JoeSmith who keeps his identity hidden from Terri. Despite my reservations with this character, I do want him to be with her. My only question is, who exactly is he? In addition to JoeSmith, Terri is highly attracted to Ben Manning—her serious, quiet, and gentleman of a boss. The sexual chemistry and tension between them was fascinating to witness and like Terri, I couldn't help but compare him to JoeSmith. Though they share similarities with each other, Terri thinks there are distinct differences between the two men.
"I won't let you go that easily. Don't you know that by now?"
In the end, I enjoyed this book despite my hesitation with the FMF and FF content. The story and characters were provocative, interesting, and had more depths to them than meets the eye. I do have to say that Sam was the only character I did not like because of her whining and childish personality. I did not care for her sexual activities with Terri or JoeSmith. Instead, I was more invested in Terri's relationship with JoeSmith and Ben. The cliffhanger ending was a shocking surprise and I look forward to finding out the connection between Ben and JoeSmith. If you like reading stories with tropes such as having a secret identity, unrequited love, office romance between boss/employer, as well as heavy emphasis on BDSM and kink, then you will enjoy reading this unique love story.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment