Thursday, September 1, 2022

A Lair So Royal by Zoey Ellis

A Lair So Royal (The Last Dragorai Book 5)A Lair So Royal is the final book in the Last Dragorai series and it features the serious, dominant, and unrelenting Khyros and his disobedient, resilient, and destined mate Azenyah. These two matched each other perfectly. Although I did not like how their relationship started because it was incredibly messy and complicated, this couple did grow on me over time. Khyros was the head of the Vattoro clan and much of the story so far revolved around him trying to locate his dragon who has been missing for centuries. Little did he know that fate and the Goddesses had plans for them all because of past mistakes and oversights from the dragorai race.
"You are mine. You will always be mine, no matter what you say or do. You will always be my priority. I will do whatever it takes to protect you."
Azenyah was an interesting character and very different from past heroines because she is a dragorai—the same race as Khyros. After being trapped for on an island with Khyros' dragon for hundreds of years, Azenyah is thrust into a world that she no longer knows. A warrior for a time long gone, she is Khyros' other half and equal but due to misunderstandings between the two, their first time together was violent and brutal. I had a hard time finishing this book at first but once things took a turn and secrets were revealed, I was determined to finish it all the way. While the romance between Khyros and Azenyah was more physical at first, I was able to feel more of their connection near the end when truths were finally revealed.
"I wouldn't change anything if it meant there was a chance I wouldn't have you."
In the end, I enjoyed this book despite my initial reaction to it and would recommend it to fans of Zoey Ellis and those who love fantasy romance with a lot of spice. Once the truth behind Khyros' missing dragon and why Azenyah was trapped on the same island was revealed, everything made sense. I felt heartbroken for everyone who died and fought in the war against the humans but it also left them a promising future to hold on to. The ending of the series was a pleasant surprise and brought much hope to the Vattoro clan. I hope that Zoey Ellis will continue this series in the future because I truly did enjoy all of the characters. The nose rubs will always be my favorite. I recommend this series to those who like the "enemies to romance" and "pre-destined soul mates" tropes with a dominant and arrogant hero who will stop at nothing to keep and claim his defiant and stubborn little warrior.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment