Thursday, July 21, 2022

Paying Her Dues by Dani Wyatt

Paying Her Dues (Price of Love)Paying Her Dues by Dani Wyatt features a taboo/forbidden romance between a young virtuoso and her father's best friend who happens to also be her best friend's father. I found that there was a lot more story in this one due to the history between Jess and Mike. Since she grew up with him, her feelings started to develop and change over the years. The same can be said for Mike who always thought of her as his best friend's daughter but then he eventually saw her in a new light once she was of legal age. It was still forbidden and they had many hurdles along the way including Sam, the best friend, and Jess' overbearing and nit-picky mother Janet. Once their feelings were finally realized, all bets were off and Mike was determined to make Jess his.
"He has always been my anchor. My sane place, my safe place, my shelter from my crazy family. My safety and my strength."
In the end, I enjoyed this quick, spicy, and forbidden romance between two individuals who were always meant to be with each other. Jess did not have a hard life but she had an overprotective mother who sought to control her way of life and well-being. The only healthy relationship she had was with her best friend, Sam, who was Mike's son. It was certainly interesting to see how Sam came to terms with having Jess as his "step-mom." As for the love scenes, Dani Wyatt did not disappoint. It was incredibly erotic, sexy, forbidden, and I wanted more. This book can be read as a standalone and you do not need to read previous books in the series because they're not connected.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment