Sunday, June 12, 2022

Hey, Mister Marshall by Saffron A. Kent

Hey, Mister Marshall (St. Mary's Rebels Book 4)There is a fine line between hate and love—and in many ways, Poe's relationship with Alaric encapsulates that to perfection. Hey, Mister Marshall is the final book in the St. Mary's Rebels series and I was so emotionally invested because there was so much history and and feelings between Poe and Alaric. These two burned up the pages with their sexual chemistry and tension in every scene. Despite their guardian/ward relationship, every single moment was charged with want, need, desire, aggression, and even heartbreak. Alaric may be the devil but Poe will always be his harpy and troublemaker—it has been this way since the beginning. Poe and Alaric's relationship had everything I loved about this author's writing: a slow-burn and age-gap romance between an intense and dirty talking guardian and his confident but fragile ward who simply wants to love and be loved in return.
"Nothing could be better than being loved. By him. By the man I love. My guardian. My soulmate. My Alaric."
If I were to sum up Poe and Alaric in a few words, their relationship would be considered a complex and passionate love. They had a lot more similarities than differences due to their upbringing and lack of parental love. Even though Alaric was considered Poe's enemy, there was always a part of her that craved his attention and wanted him to notice her. The same can be said for Alaric, who could not stop thinking about Poe and even feel guilt for trapping and controlling her. Despite all the lies and unsaid words between them, they were perfectly matched for each other. Just like how Poe had two sides to her, one where she is confident but unsure of herself, Alaric is intense and serious but also possessive and caring. What Poe and Alaric never realized was that they cared more for each other than they wanted to admit. One of my favorite scenes was when Poe told Alaric about what she did to gain his trust. It was hilarious and super hot because Alaric was close to breaking and losing control.
"She's the beat of my heart and the air in my lungs. My wildcat, my troublemaker. My siren and doe-eyed diva. My Poe."
In the end, I loved that Poe ruined Alaric’s life—just like she said she would because in doing so, they both found a love that was all-encompassing, real, and worth fighting for. Alaric had so much anger and internal issues that the only person who could calm him down was someone he never expected it to be: Poe. Fans of the opposites attract and enemies-to-lovers will not want to miss out on Poe and Alaric's story because in addition to being a fantastic and super steamy taboo romance, Saffron A. Kent has done a spectacular job tying up the series and giving the last St. Mary's Rebels girl the love and soulmate that she has always deserved and dreamed of. This is my favorite book to date in the series. With the introduction of several new characters, I can't wait to read Echo and Reign's The Hatesick Diaries next. I highly recommend this book to those who love reading angsty and forbidden romance between a possessive and older hero and his sweet vixen of a heroine who loves and tempts him at every turn.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment