Friday, June 3, 2022

Black Knight by Aleatha Romig

Black Knight (Sin, #4)Julia and Donovan finally seize their happily ever after and conclude their story in Black Knight. This has been an incredible journey from start to finish with so many twists, turns, and revelations along the way. In addition to referencing Lennox Demitri and Infidelity, Aleatha Romig has crafted a story that will leave readers breathless, on the edge of their seat, and wanting more. The book immediately picks up right after Gold Lust and we're left with an extremely difficult and tenuous situation. Madison and Phillip have infiltrated Julia and Van's lives and both are determined to ruin everything. I truly appreciated the buildup that these antagonists have had in previous books because it made for a dramatic turn of events as our main characters are caught unaware.
"I wasn't a knight on a white horse, but a black knight who clawed my way to the top, leaving carnage in my wake."
The romance and chemistry between Van and Julia continue to burn up the pages in this final book and their love is stronger than ever. Any lingering questions, doubts, and concerns about their relationship—especially Van's past, are finally revealed and I am content with the way they were handled. There were times that I thought Van's secrets and past would eventually break his relationship with Julia but that never happened. He was always consistent in the way he felt about Julia and he never lost sight of their future together. Julia has similarly experienced significant growth throughout the series and I am so proud of the way she handled everything that was thrown her way. She is no longer that naive and powerless young woman we met in Red Sin.
"I'd given Van my body before I even knew his last name, and in return, he'd given me a life I could never have imagined."
In the end, this series has been a whirlwind of emotions, intrigue, and suspense. Julia and Van first met under a dark and snowy night—one that would forever change their lives, and they leave us under a colorful summer sky with their happily ever after in the horizon. Fans of Aleatha Romig will not want to miss out on this satisfying ending to the Sin series as Julia and Van finally obtain the ending that they deserve. I thoroughly enjoyed how the author tied everything together and brought to light all the pieces that were missing from this puzzle. I highly recommend this series to those who love reading steamy and romantic suspense that will make you think and question everything with amazing chemistry between the hero and heroine.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment