Sunday, May 29, 2022

One for the Money by Skye Warren

One for the MoneyEva Morelli finally gets to shine in the latest Midnight Dynasty book, One for the Money. I had been highly anticipating her story ever since Skye Warren first teased about it in Meet Me Under the Mistletoe. We were given a glimpse of Eva and Finn's potential relationship then and it was clear to me that their story was going to focus on the secrets that both kept under the surface. While this book can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading other books in the Midnight Dynasty world, specifically Beast of Bishop's Landing, as it will make for a much better experience and you will know what Eva has been through. I really enjoyed Eva and Finn's story and thought their relationship was heartbreaking, sexy, and emotional. It had everything that I loved most about this author's writing—angst, fake dating/marriage, and a dirty talking hero. Eva's book is a lot less "darker" than her siblings, which I thought was quite refreshing considering the fact that her brothers went to extreme lengths to possess their heroines.
"Every second that I spend with her, I'm one step closer to the end."
Eva has always been the dependable and loyal older sibling in the Morelli family. Not only does she look after her family but they also look to her for guidance and advice. What we’ve come to realize, however, was that she didn’t have anyone who looked after her. I absolutely adore Eva because of her kind and loving nature. She was stubborn, persistent, and would do anything for those she loved—including sacrificing herself. On the other side, Finn Hughes may appear as Eva's opposite but there is more to this man than meets the eye. Although he comes off as this roguish, charming, and playboy billionaire, there is a duality to his character because of the secret he is keeping. Finn and Eva share similar personality traits because both are willing to sacrifice themselves for their families. While I do have mixed thoughts about Finn, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because Eva deserves more from him.
"Make me forget that I'm me and you're you. Make me forget that this is only pretend."
In the end, Eva and Finn's whirlwind romance will have you aching for more because this was a spectacular beginning to their heartbreaking relationship. The ending to this book frustrated me because Eva deserves the world and more than what Finn is giving her. I better see some high quality groveling from this man in Two for the Show or else Leo is going to kick him to curb. I understand where Finn is coming from, especially if he has been taught to think of that while growing up, but there is more to life than only living in the moment or 'for now.' Fans of Skye Warren and the Midnight Dynasty world will not be disappointed by this book and I highly recommend it to those who love angst and the fake dating/marriage romance with a seemingly charming and arrogant hero and his slightly older but sweet heroine.

*This ARC was generously provided by the author and publisher for an honest review*

Rating: ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment